WEST FLINT BUSINESS ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Download Complete Application: WFBA Scholarships 2016
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT – $2,500
(Non-Renewable by the same student)
Each year, the West Flint Business Association awards three scholarships to Flint area students.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOT PRIMARILY BASED ON FINANCIAL NEED AND/OR GPA.
Awards are based on service to school and community, two (2) letters of recommendation and a personal
letter of introduction. Applications from members and non-members are being sought for :
(1) The WFBA High School Community Service Scholarship is designed to assist high
school seniors in achieving their goal of a college education. The purpose is to recognize individuals
who can demonstrate exceptional achievement and leadership skills through involvement in their
respective school and community. Recipients must have a high school diploma. Although a cumulative
GPA of 2.5 on the 4.0 scale is required, it is only one factor in our determination of the winner. Written
proof of acceptance as a full time student at a college or university must be presented before funds will
(2) The WFBA/Curbco/Swartz Creek Chamber of Commerce Scholarship is designed
to assist a high school senior who intends to continue their education in a related specialty vocational area
at a post secondary institution. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. They must
provide written proof of acceptance as a student at a college, university or trade school that is properly
accredited before funds will be released.
(3) The WFBA Adult Learner Student Scholarship is designed for individuals currently in
the work force and/or college who are trying to improve themselves by furthering their education while
showing evidence of good citizenship, character and ability. Applicants must have at minimum, a high
school diploma or equivalent at the time of application and have been out of high school for at least three
(3) years. Applicants must also be enrolled, or show proof of acceptance, at a university, college or trade
school. If awarded a scholarship, the recipient must take a minimum of six (6) credit hours or nine (9) term
hours per semester/term.
- A completed West Flint Business Association Scholarship Application
- A current transcript (high school or college)
- Two current letters of recommendation (no relatives or clergy)
- Personal written summary of why you should be awarded the scholarship
- A copy of a valid Michigan Drivers License or a State of Michigan Identification Card
- The recipient must be a citizen of the U.S., and a resident of Genesee County
Scholarships will be paid directly to the school in the recipient’s name.
The money may be drawn on for academic purposes only. This means text books and fees or
If the finalist does not use all or any of the awarded funds for tuition and/or books, the money will not
be awarded and the WFBA will retain the funds for use in future scholarship programs.
Finalists will be asked to have a personal interview with the selection committee in order to
determine the winning candidate.
The West Flint Business Association Scholarship Committee will select the winners and their
decision will be final.
Scholarship must be used in the 2016-2017 school year.
Winners will be asked to attend a meeting of the WFBA to receive their scholarship.
Application and all required information must be sent together in one envelope before April 1, 2016 to:
John K. Folts
8048 Miller Rd
Swartz Creek MI 48473
Questions? – Contact Mort Krasner 810-733-6072